(512) 474-4445
1214 E. 7th St., Austin, TX 78702

K-1: Fiancé(e) Visa Lawyers in Texas

Need a Fiancé visa for your loved one?

You have met the love of your life, but you have one major problem. He or she lives abroad and you want to bring him or her to the U.S. to live with you before your marriage. Peek & Toland, PLLC can provide your loved one and you with the immigration expertise and advise to ensure your experience attaining a K-1, Fiancé visa for your loved one is stress-free. Contact Peek & Toland, PLLC today to learn if you and your fiancé meet the eligibility requirements and how to begin the application process with our firm.

K-1: Fiancés of U.S. citizens

K-1 visas are provided to fiancé(e) of U.S. citizens for the purpose of joining U.S. citizen fiancé(e)’s in the U.S. The U.S. citizen must apply for the K-1 visa on behalf of his or her foreign fiancé(e).To be eligible for a K-1 visa, an immigrant must show:

  • The person submitting the application is a U.S. citizen,
  • The U.S. citizen intends on marrying the foreign fiancé(e) within 90 days of his or her entry into the U.S.,
  • Both the U.S. citizen and the foreign fiancé(e) are free to marry and all previous marriages have been legally terminated through divorce, death or annulment,
  • The U.S. citizen and foreign fiancé(e) have met at least once in person within the 2 year filing of the petition unless:
  • The U.S. citizen or fiancée are a part of a foreign culture or social practice has a long established and strict custom that prohibits the couple from meeting prior to marriage, or
  • The U.S. citizen can prove the requirement that the couple meet prior to receiving the visa would result in extreme hardship.

K-3, K-4: Spouses of U.S. citizens and their children

K-3 and K-4 visas are provided to spouses and children of U.S. citizens for the purpose of accompanying their U.S. citizen family members to the U.S.

To be eligible for a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen visa an immigrant must provide:

  • Proof of legal marriage to a U.S. citizen, and
  • Documentation that the U.S. citizen spouse filed an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on the immigrant’s behalf.

To be eligible for a K-4 children of a U.S. citizen visa an immigrant must show:

  • The child is unmarried,
  • The child is under the age of 21, and
  • The child is the child of a qualified K-3 nonimmigrant visa applicant.

Located At

Peek & Toland, PLLC
1214 E 7th Street
Austin, TX, 78702
Phone: (512) 474-4445

Connect With Us

Copyright & Disclaimer

Use of this website, does not constitute, in any manner, an attorney-client relationship between Peek & Toland, PLLC and the receiver. While the information on Peek & Toland, PLLC, website is about legal issues, it is not intended as legal advice or as substitute for the particularized advice of your own counsel. If you are seeking specific legal advice or assistance, you may contact us through our contact page or the phone number provided above, or you may seek legal advice or assistance through another source. Filling out the contact us form, calling our office or emailing our attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship and will not be treated as confidential. Transmission of information from this site or any use of e-mail is not intended to create or establish an attorney-client relationship between Peek & Toland, PLLC and anyone else.

The information provided on Peek & Toland, PLLC website should not be relied on as accurate or correct as laws in specific jurisdictions change frequently. Please consult an attorney in your jurisdiction for specific question about the law in your area.

Website Design, SEO and Legal Internet Marketing by:SLS Consulting