Peek & Toland is a growing Austin firm specializing in criminal defense and immigration law. We are looking for attorneys and staff who have a heart for serving the immigrant population and an interest in making a difference. If you find your purpose in life is to champion those who are marginalized, and you have a passion to be an excellent attorney and advocate, then we are looking for you.
We are hiring for several positions on our team in our Austin, Texas office. We are one of the most active immigration firms in Central Texas, and we are on the leading edge of litigation in criminal and immigration courts. We zealously seek the most outstanding result possible for our clients, and we want attorneys who are passionate and ready to fight for our clients.
Available Position: Removal Defense Attorney (Austin Tx)
• 2-4 years of experience as an immigration attorney, handling primarily Removal/Deportation Defense (including Cancellation of Removal and Asylum) and Bond Hearings before the Immigration Court
• Experience working with both detained and non-detained clients
• Any additional experience with family-based immigration (I-130s, adjustment of status, consular processing, I-601A waivers), VAWA, and U-visa cases is highly favorable but not required
• SIJS and experience representing unaccompanied minors is highly preferred
• JD degree
• License to practice law in any state in the US with a strong preference for an attorney licensed in Texas
• Strong legal writing, research and analytical skills
• Strong oral advocacy skills with a preference for prior litigation experience
• Ability to work independently and in a high volume, fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage your own docket with limited supervision
• Ability to work well with people of diverse cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds
• Valid driver’s license – travel to jails, immigration courts, and detention centers within Central Texas will be necessary on a regular basis
• MUST BE BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Employer may assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Job includes performance bonuses, paid time off, health insurance, and employer matching IRA program.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, 2 professional references, and a legal writing sample (no more than 10 pages) to [email protected]
No Available Vacancies