Austin & San Antonio Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys
Dedicated to Your Defense
A federal criminal conviction can easily put an end to a promising future. In some cases, merely the allegation of a criminal offense can destroy someone’s personal and professional reputation. It is vital that you remember that just because you have been charged, you are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the United States.
If you are facing serious federal charges and need legal assistance, look no further than Peek & Toland. Our Austin & San Antonio federal criminal defense lawyers have handled nearly 2,000 federal cases and know how to effectively navigate the federal court system. Our team is made up of creative problems solvers that understand how to persuasively tell our clients’ stories in and out of the courtroom. No matter the specific charges you are facing, we can provide the seasoned guidance you need to secure a favorable outcome in your case.
Put our many years of experience on your side. Contact us online or call (512) 399-2311 to request a consultation with our firm’s team.
Federal Cases We Handle
We have provided dedicated legal representation to countless clients accused of federal crimes. Our team at Peek & Toland has worked on several of Central and South Texas’s biggest drug cases as well as high-profile money laundering cases.
Our Austin & San Antonio federal criminal defense lawyers can assist you with cases involving:
- Drug Crimes. Certain types of drug crimes can lead to federal charges when an especially high quantity of substances is involved or controlled substances cross state lines. We have represented clients charged with manufacturing, distribution, trafficking, conspiracy, and possession with intent to distribute.
- Illegal Reentry. Many prospective immigrants are prepared to do whatever it takes to build their lives in the United States, but reentering the country after being denied admission or removed is a federal offense that comes with serious penalties. Our firm is passionate about advocating for immigrants in all types of circumstances and can provide comprehensive representation.
- Theft. Burglary, robbery, auto theft, embezzlement, money laundering, and even shoplifting can all be charged as federal crimes. The severity of the potential sentence will often depend on the total value of what was stolen. Our team regularly represents individuals accused of white-collar crimes and other theft-related offenses.
- Conspiracy. Someone can be charged with conspiracy when they enter an agreement with one or more other parties to break a federal law. We routinely handle cases involving drug conspiracy charges as well as conspiracies to commit white-collar crimes.
- Alien Smuggling. Federal law prohibits anyone from aiding in illegal entry to the United States. This includes facilitating transportation for anyone who has entered the U.S. without valid status. A conviction for smuggling can lead to up to ten years in prison, but our team can provide you with the defense you need when charged with this offense.
- False Identification. It is unlawful to create, possess, use, or exploit fraudulent identification documents, including licenses and cards. False identification is often used to facilitate identity theft and facilitate white-collar crimes. A conviction can result in up to 15 years of incarceration in addition to stiff fines. We are extensively familiar with how to effectively defend clients facing these charges.
- Counterfeiting. Knowingly participating in any stage of a counterfeiting operation with intent to defraud can lead to federal criminal charges. Our team knows how to navigate these cases and can provide the strong defense you need.