L-1A & L-1B Visas
What is L-1A and L-1B Visas?
L-1A and L-1B visas are available for temporary intracompany transferees who work in managerial positions or have specialized knowledge.
- L-1A is for intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions in a company that is located outside the U.S.
- L-1B visa is for intracompany transferees who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge.
You should be working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately before your admission to the U.S.
- Be seeking to enter the U.S. to provide service in an executive or managerial capacity for a branch of the same employer or one of its qualifying organizations.
- Be seeking to enter the U.S. to provide services in a specialized knowledge capacity to a branch of the same employer or one of its qualifying organizations.
The employer needs to:
- Review the instructions for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker;
- Complete and sign Form I-129;
- Pay the filing fee, if applicable; and
- Provide all required evidence and supporting documentation, including a duplicate copy of your Form I-129 and all supporting documentation, even if they are filing the Form I-129 to seek a change of status (COS) or extension of stay (EOS) on your behalf.
Spouses + Family Eligibility
Spouses and/or children under 21 may be eligible for L-2 nonimmigrant classification.
- Spouses of L-1 workers may apply for work authorization by filing a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization with fee.
- Dependents of L-1 workers can study, but are not eligible for work authorization.
Why Peek Law Group?
At Peek Law Group, our skilled attorneys will provide strong legal representation and provide the counsel and guidance you need throughout any immigration process. Contact us at ((512) 399-2311 today and book your consultation.