Global Immigration Attorney
1406 Waller Street, Austin, Texas USA 78702
OverviewNicolás Arroyo is a native of Monterrey, Mexico and a Global Immigration Attorney with Peek & Toland. He works with inbound U.S. and outbound global employment-based immigration law. He advises the firm’s clients on Mexican law issues, International law, as well as, on domestic and global Immigration matters. He is an integral part of the firm’s immigration department where he works to on-board new clients of the firm. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Arroyo worked in the department of protection and legal affairs at the Mexican Consulate in Houston. He possesses years of professional legal experience with corporate law firms in the United States and Mexico. In addition to being a licensed attorney in Mexico, Nicolás is also affiliated with the State Bar of Texas and has been certified by the Supreme Court of Texas as a Foreign Legal Consultant.
- LL.M., University of Houston Law Center, 2013
- J.D. equivalent, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, 2006
Bar Admissions & Affiliations
- Licensed in Mexico, 2006
- State Bar of Texas Foreign Legal Consultant, 2014
- Peek & Toland, Austin & Houston, Texas, Global Immigration Attorney
- Coane & Associates, PLLC, Houston, Texas, Foreign Associate Attorney
- Consulate General of Mexico, Houston, Texas, In House Counsel
- Partido Acción Nacional, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – Legal Counsel and Regional Campaign Coordinator for major Mexican political party
- Ude Zambrano y Asociados S.C., Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – Law Clerk
- Nicolás has assisted multiple clients in family-based and employment-based immigration cases. He has substantial experience handling global outbound immigration cases, particularly in Mexico.
- As an international lawyer, he has represented companies in Mexico and the United States with commercial contracts and corporate documents involving Mexican law and cross-border issues, mainly in the transportation industry.
- He has also assisted clients before governmental agencies in employment discrimination cases and has assisted in employment litigation cases.
Seminars & Publications
- Seminar: Representing Mexican Nationals in Capital Cases, Mexican Capital Legal Assistance Program (MCLAP), Speaker, Houston, Texas, April 2013
- Labor Rights Week, U.S. Department of Labor (WHD, EEOC, OSHA) & Mexican Consulate in Houston, Panelist, Houston, Texas, September 2010
- Austin Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
- State Bar of Texas International Law Section
- United We Dream Houston