Contact Us
Resilient Representation
Real World Results

Military Citizenship Attorneys in Austin & San Antonio

Helping Veterans & Active Duty Military Seek Expedited Naturalization

If you have served or are currently serving in the United States armed forces, you may qualify under special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for expedited, or accelerated, naturalization. To learn more, contact the Austin immigration law office of Peek & Toland. We have helped many veterans attain U.S. citizenship and can do the same for you.

Immigration procedures do not have to be grueling or confusing. Our experienced Austin & San Antonio military citizenship lawyers can handle your affairs in an efficient fashion.

If you have any questions regarding your specific circumstances and immigration law, please call (512) 399-2311 today. You may also fill out an online contact form and one of our excellent legal staff will get back to you shortly.

Qualifications for Citizenship through Military Service

In order for a member of the U.S. armed forces to qualify for U.S. citizenship, s/he must demonstrate the following:

  • Good moral character;
  • Knowledge of the English language;
  • Knowledge of U.S. government and history; and
  • Attachment to the U.S. by taking an Oath of Allegiance to the Constitution

Individuals who qualify for citizenship through this method are exempt from certain naturalization requirements, which are detailed in Sections 328 and 329 of the INA. Overseas members of the U.S. armed forces along with certain “command-sponsored” spouses have access to all aspects of the naturalization process. It is important to keep in mind that any individual who prematurely leaves the service under “other than honorable conditions” after obtaining U.S. citizenship may have it revoked.

Naturalization at Basic Training, in Peacetime & During Conflict

As of 2013, enlistees of all branches of the U.S. armed forces may be naturalized upon graduation from basic training. All necessary procedures can be conducted on the military base.

Under Section 328 of the INA, any current and discharged members of the U.S. armed forces may qualify for naturalization in peacetime if s/he has fulfilled at least one year of honorable service in the armed forces, obtained lawful permanent resident status, and filed an application while still in the service or within six months of separation.

As of July 3, 2002, all individuals who have served honorably in the U.S. armed forces on or after September 11, 2001, can immediately file for citizenship, according to an executive order issued by the President at the time. This order also applies to veterans of certain designated past wars and conflicts.

How to Apply

Current or former members of the U.S. armed forces who wish to pursue naturalization must complete an application packet which includes Application for Naturalization, USCIS Form N-400, and Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service, USCIS Form N-426. Upon completion, the packet should be sent to the specialized military naturalization unit at the USCIS Nebraska Service Center for expedited processing.

Helping Our Troops

At Peek & Toland, we are proud to provide our nation’s service members with the help they need to become citizens.

If you need guidance, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our Austin & San Antonio military citizenship attorneys will do everything possible to ensure that procedures go along smoothly for you and your family.

Qualities that Define Us

  • Top Texas Board Certified Attorneys
  • Experienced, Bilingual Staff
  • Successful Trial Attorneys
  • Successfully Handled Tens of Thousands of Cases
  • Precise & Adaptable Approach to All Cases
  • 5 Star Client Reviews

Schedule Your Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.